BaseballGeeks
User: Guest40487
Read Mode: Topics
  BGEEKS Stats ~ Sign-Up As New User ~ Message Areas ~ FAQ

BaseballGeeks.com Home : BaseballGeeks : Fantasy Baseball : Reading "TIG 4: Surrendering Mike Jacobs " Thread

Message #226 of 405  *NEW*
To:  All
Reedster  
Subject:  TIG 4: Surrendering Mike Jacobs
Date:  5/3/06, 3:44pm (Last Edited: 5/3/06, 3:45pm)
[Reprinted from baseballgeeks.mlblogs.com from 5/1/06]

***WAVING THE WHITE FLAG AT MIKE JACOBS***

Mike Jacobs is one for his last 25 ABs (0-5, today). I am waving the white flag. I will be dumping him in one of my fantasy leagues... he looks destined to head to the minors to get some work and work on his hitting... he clearly is out of his league at this point, and he is dead weight on any fantasy squad.

***HOMERUN BARRAGE CONTINUES***

22 homeruns hit today... that is 90 HRs in the last three days. Anybody want to still argue that the last few years of homerun barrages was solely the result of performance enhancing drugs?

***THE KILLER B'S, A HUDSON, AND A ZITO***

Bronson (Arroyo) had yet another wonderful outing, prompting me to respond: "I believe, Bronson! You are the real deal!" (Jeremy) Bonderman also looked fantastic, but he was facing the Royals, after all. Hard to believe that Bonderman has actually been the worst element in the Tiger staff so far this season (before this outing). Didn't we all expect him to be their #1? Once he finds a groove (and this game might have done it), can the Tigers be stopped?

Bedard, once again, looked sharp, but the Oriole pen could not keep it together.

The Braves must be pleased with Tim Hudson's performance today... a very noteworthy outing and just might mean that Hudson has hit his stride... Barry Zito deserves some mention, too... but his consistency has been, well, inconsistent. The A's needed this outing after Zito was anointed "Ace" with Harden on the DL. Against division rival the Angels, this could not have come at a better time.

***A NEW CURSE?***

Why is it that seemingly every time the Dodgers give up on somebody, he comes out and is one of the best in the game at his position? Duanar Sanchez pitched his 17th scoreless inning on the season tonight, helping the Mets to yet another win. Always lovely to be reminded of losing Konerko, also, by seeing him smack another homer.

***GUESS SCOTTY ATE HIS WHEATIES THIS MORNING***

Podsednik matches his entire April SB output (4) on the first day of May. Guess the groin injury is no longer an issue.

***REMEMBER WHEN KENJI WAS ON PACE FOR 162?***

All you Johjima owners were so excited after the first two days of the season, weren't you? Do you remember when Kenji was on pace for 162 HRs this year?

Well, as you sadly know, that streak ended in a hurry... but, don't lose hope! He hit one out today for the first time in nearly a month.

***DAMON IS FOR THE (BOO)BIRDS***

Kudos to the Boston fans who boo'ed Damon. Nobody can change my mind... sure, he contributed greatly to the 2004 winning squad. However, today is the one year anniversary when Damon said: "There's no way I can play for the Yankees, but I know they're going to come after me hard. It's definitely not the most important thing to go out there for the top dollar, which the Yankees are going to offer me. It's not what I need."

The boos were well-deserved.

***FINAL TIG TIDBITS***

Dan Johnson has a 5 game hitting streak.

Dontrelle Willis matched his career worst earned run total in a single game with 8 allowed. Fortunately, only 6,017 Florida faithful were witnesses.

Reply to Msg #226
Start New Topic
Back to Topics

4088 reads

This message has been added to these BGEEKS Blogs:

Diary of A Baseball Geek

Message #229 of 405  *NEW*
To:  Reedster
TheBlueJayWay  
Subject:  Re: TIG 4: Surrendering Mike Jacobs
Date:  5/4/06, 10:04am
graphic
I just dropped Jacobs for Bill Hall. I like Jacobs but he's just not ready yet.

Reply to Msg #229
Start New Topic
Back to Topics

5300 reads

RRBBS© Software, designed by Robert Reed.
Copyright, November, 2002. All Rights Reserved.

Site Meter